Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Last night saw Ant-man and The Wasp.

Completely enjoyed it and not seeing the first was not a detriment (did see Civil War).
Despite the serious elements, it felt far more like a comedy than action movie, and Michael Peña had me bust a gut with his character. Heck, even most of the bad guys where funny!

But just when you thought this movie was separate from the rest of the franchise, I was utterly broadsided and surprised (and crushing after laughing so much).

I am truly pleased at how Marvel studios produce individual or short series movies but have subtle links to a bigger story.

Another aspect is Thanos from Infinity War. In the comics he is very much like The Joker from DC, but for the movie he was changed from one who killed to please death, to a purpose more as a salvation.
The comparison of movie characters:
Joker: Chaos, Disorder
Thanos: Control, Order

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
You should take the time to see the first Ant Man. It was pretty good and had a humorous take on it. We really enjoyed it. Going to see the new one this weekend. Can't wait!

Reactions: Huntn

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Last night saw Ant-man and The Wasp.

Completely enjoyed it and not seeing the first was not a detriment (did see Civil War).
Despite the serious elements, it felt far more like a comedy than action movie, and Michael Peña had me bust a gut with his character. Heck, even most of the bad guys where funny!

But just when you thought this movie was separate from the rest of the franchise, I was utterly broadsided and surprised (and crushing after laughing so much).

I am truly pleased at how Marvel studios produce individual or short series movies but have subtle links to a bigger story.

Another aspect is Thanos from Infinity War. In the comics he is very much like The Joker from DC, but for the movie he was changed from one who killed to please death, to a purpose more as a salvation.
The comparison of movie characters:
Joker: Chaos, Disorder
Thanos: Control, Order

You need to see the first Ant-Man then, Michael Pena's character steals the show in that one also. Also, did you see Deadpool 2? You mention Juggernaut and well he plays a pretty good size roll in DP2.

Or are you just mentioning Juggernaut as in the "Marvel Machine" aka The Marvel Cinematic Universe?

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
You need to see the first Ant-Man then, Michael Pena's character steals the show in that one also. Also, did you see Deadpool 2? You mention Juggernaut and well he plays a pretty good size roll in DP2.

Or are you just mentioning Juggernaut as in the "Marvel Machine" aka The Marvel Cinematic Universe?

OK, will add AM to my must-see list (given the rest of MCU, it should be).

And yes, I did wink at Juggernaut, and did see DP2. DP2 was really funny, RR is almost a modern day Robin Williams, but the humor was toilet.

Actually, you made me realize, AM&TW and DP2 are for completely opposite audience!
AM&TW is actually more PG than Disney animated (Disney is actually quite violent with obvious death)
DP2 is bloody, vile, and vulgar that would make a sailor blush.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.