Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
So, who's going to play this? PS4-version or are you getting a PS5 and waiting for this title?

It should be available as a release-title in november.

Announcement Trailer

Gameplay Trailer

• Haha
Reactions: the8thark

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I'm hype. I can't wait. Snow covered NY is gping to look amazing. I'm interested to see if the PS5 version has additional textures details.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Never played the PS4 version, cause there were so many other games out there that appealed to me more. It looks pretty good though.

It's the PS5's version of "Infamous Second Son" to me. If I buy a PS5 at launch, I'll likely get it, cause there isn't much else out there. If I wait a year, I'll probably never bother with it, as there will be other titles to keep me busy.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
In my opinion games like this are exactly why I am NOT getting a PS5 at launch. I'll wait till games I think are actually good are announced. Sure the launch line up is one of the best of any Playstation. However that bar is set so incredibly low that even this average at best launch line up is the best ever.

I think the main reason I'll initially get a PS5 is as a Pro backwards compat machine. While waiting for a good PS5 game to be announced. Eventually. I'm in no rush at the moment. Sony has given me zero reasons to want to rush into this.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Never played the PS4 version, cause there were so many other games out there that appealed to me more. It looks pretty good though.

Same here, until a couple of days ago. I saw the game of the year edition on sale in the PSN Store and bought it for €25. Have a couple of friends who played it on launch and in every list of the best PS4 games, this one would also pop up among God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc, so I assumed it would be a cool game. So long story short: been playing the game for three days now and I love it. Just bummed that they announced a remade version for the PS5 but yeah well, so be it.

Shinuko Stones

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2020
So, who's going to play this? PS4-version or are you getting a PS5 and waiting for this title?

It should be available as a release-title in november.

Announcement Trailer

Gameplay Trailer
This game on my PS4 is freezing up. Anybody else having the same problem on there PS4. I got the digital version

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Planning on buying the PS5-version when it's discounted, while I've enjoyed the first game a lot recently, I don't feel the game is worth the full price as it was finished rather fast.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I’m finishing my 2nd play through to go for the platinum. Loved the game as much as I loved the first one. Probably not worth $50 as it’s quite short, but a great game nonetheless.

Reactions: BlankStar

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I'm gonna pick up this game next summer or so, when it gets a really nice discount I find some time in my backlog... Otherwise I'm going to still be playing PS4 games on my PS5 until 2022 :p

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
(No spoilers) I beat the game over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Not disappointed by the length at all, probably due to my limited amount of video game time. There's some really great stuff at the end!

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
This game cost $560 more if you have to pay tax. So it is $600 for most people. this was the launch title that was suppose to be the system seller. Yes you can play on ps4 but suppose to be the reason to buy the ps5.

it should be more than 8 hours long especially if it wasn’t free!! They could have padded it by giving us the 1st game that has the same map for free. Instead it’s $20.

the side missions are boring or insanely short. No hidden bosses. This game was dlc for the first game. Really hope they don’t do Spider Gwen for $50 in a few months and have idiots buy it. If this will be what next gen is then just make games $100. And give me everything the 1st time.

game has 2 boss battles and 5 different type of crimes to stop, as well as 3 different fetch quest. 8-10 hours for 100% completion. Then forces you to play a 2nd time to be able to purchase 4-5 items that can only be used in new game plus. If you didn’t like the 1st one you really won’t like this one.

story wise it was pretty cool but after playing it why did they nerf Spider-Man so much. Miles is better in every single aspect and then had crazy amount of extra super powers..... kind of werid to be like ok new Batman this one has laser beams and can actually fly.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Is the game still so buggy? Seen more video's of people falling through the world or playing as a lamp post than anything else.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
^. I didn’t notice any glitches, I think everything plays really smooth from the last time I played it while back, but I do know there was at least two patches released since then ready to be applied.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Great game

Yes much shorter than the previous Spider-Man, but also much tighter IMO and less fluff

eventually I’ll do another play through

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Game did a good job of annoying civilian help quest being limited to. Spiderman get text to help (only like 5 or so different events - all the same and boring) but you really only need to do it to level up faster.

think its car jacking, a sign is messed up, robbing a good will :), robbing or store, and then drug deal. I mean it's better than hey spidy go get that little kids balloon but still crazy limited

I just don't think any hero other than Batman really works in open world. Since Spiderman is so poor. Would be funny if you could get jobs or ride vechiles like GTA as Peter Parker/Miles. I mean not enough to do in this game once you finish.

I sometimes pop it in just because it's fun to web swing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.