Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I have basically put all my 360 purchases on hold, as there's nothing I'm overly interested in besides Mass Effect. And it's delayed again until September.

Surely I'm not the only one holding out for this game?

It seems to me that there's no decent RPGs for the 360.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
whatever do you mean, 360 has a plethora of great titles! ;) j/k

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Enchanted Arms, & Phantasy Star Universe are all I can think of that are even worth renting.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Enchanted Arms, & Phantasy Star Universe are all I can think of that are even worth renting.

Well I already have Oblivion for the PC. And Phantasy Star wasn't really for me when I tried it. After Armored Core 4 (which I regret buying), there's been nothing that I was interested in. I guess sort of well.. there's nothing I want for it. So far it's been a pretty expensive brick. :)

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
PS3 is in the same boat, Untold Legends was pretty fun with friends online, but it was short. Other than that there are the ones I mentioned already.
In the interim I'm playing PS2 rpg's.... (I finally broke down about bought FFXII & Shadow of the Colossus is next).

360 is a different animal, for every two dozen or so good FPShooters, you see one rpg, and its usually hit or miss.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
In the interim I'm playing PS2 rpg's.... (I finally broke down about bought FFXII & Shadow of the Colossus is next).

Yeah, my PS2 is sitting right under the 360, looking forelorn. I bet FFXII is still in the drive. But.. it's hard to go back to those graphics!

360 is a different animal, for every two dozen or so good FPShooters, you see one rpg, and its usually hit or miss.

That really does seem to be true! Clearly they need me in Redmond. :)

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
BioShock is coming though, that should be good.
There are a few MMO's on the way as well. I am curious if they will be as few/far between as last gen.

I hope(and believe) Microsoft learned that lesson, so we shoudl see a ton of rpg's this gen

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Ah I was thinking Gears of War.

I like God of War... until I got to the lame ass place where you climb the greased pole with knives and sh*t. That's some bullsh*t platformer crap that I can't stand. I tried it and failed repeatedly like 20 times. Time to quit.

Again, the graphics of the PS2.. I've moved beyond it. I keep it for nostalgia at this point.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
and GeOW is a Sci-Fi Shooter....thats why I asked which one.
(btw- I enjoy a challenging platformer, but not all the time, as they can get frustrating)
Timing is everything.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I'm getting real pissed off. There are SO MANY GAMES coming out this fall that no one is gonna be able to buy them all! :mad: My list of 'to-buy' was at 13 but I have cut it back to 8 because I ain't gonna be getting 16 games in 3 or 4 months, I don't even know if I will have time to play 8 (or afford 8 :eek: )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.