Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CWT1882

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2021
I downloaded the latest security fix and my iPad Pro has been bricked thanks to it, impossible to scroll down any pages of news sites or FB, twitter videos don’t load, i have to keep closing and reopening safari due to freezes, anyone else had this?

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
No problems here. Another browser works fine? Otherwise: Turn off Safari’s new Advanced Tracking and Fingerprinting Protection. Check. If it does not work, leave it off and:

Turn off Private Relay and any VPN, Proxy and Safari extensions (e.g. adblocker, or any "automatic cookie agree"). Check.

If it does not work, reset the network connection. Check.

If it works, turn on the new advanced Tracking and Fingerprinting protection. Check.

Then turn on your Safari extensions etc. on again one at a time. Check for each.

If it works, turn on Private Relay. Check. Then turn on your Proxy/VPN. Check again for each.

There might be already updates for the apps (VPN, Safari extension, Antivirus, et cetera) involved.

—————————

If the above does not help, folllow @CMoore515 ’s advice. Check.

If that does not work, follow @Apple_Robert ‘s advice.

carylee2002

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
I usually wait about a month to update anything from Apple because the engineering team is not the same as it used to be when Jobs was around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.