Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nick farrow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2017
Hi everyone
ive a MacBook Pro 2020 m1 and I use it to run my dj set up the control interface I use will only run on Mojave now as its old ,but my Mac has automatically upgraded to Ventura and. the interface won't work .I have been told I can't return to a older operating system ?is there a way around this as I can't dj out until I hopefully sort this out ,I hope someone out there can help

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi everyone
ive a MacBook Pro 2020 m1 and I use it to run my dj set up the control interface I use will only run on Mojave now as its old ,but my Mac has automatically upgraded to Ventura and. the interface won't work .I have been told I can't return to a older operating system ?is there a way around this as I can't dj out until I hopefully sort this out ,I hope someone out there can help
Your M1 MacBook can't run Mojave. You could downgrade it to macOS Big Sur (version 11) but that won't let you run the app that requires Mojave. You'd have to buy an older computer.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I have been told I can't return to a older operating system ?
On almost all Macs, you can downgrade the OS down to the OS that came with the Mac when it shipped.

But, none of the Apple Silicon Macs, including the M1 MBP run Mojave. Mojave launched two years before AS Macs were launched.

Maybe there some virtual machine options to run Mojave on AS, I don't know if there is. Even if there way, it wouldn't be native, and there would most likely be some compatibility issues.

ive a MacBook Pro 2020 m1 and I use it to run my dj set up the control interface I use will only run on Mojave
It sounds like the control interface is 32-bit, and Mojave was the last MacOS to run 32-bit apps.

I think your two best options would be to use an older Mac that is compatible with Mojave (you can get them for pretty cheap now), or get newer DJ software that is compatible with AS Macs.

MrScratchHook

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2022
United States
Hi everyone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.