Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FunnelDog

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2015
Atlantic Coast
I'm looking for a master list of devices that are HomeKit friendly... If this list exists somewhere, please let me know as I can not find it anywhere on these forums.

I was both happy and disappointed when I found the Vocolinc outlet on Amazon that claimed to be HomeKit friendly. I ordered it, for half the price of what I paid for an idevice outlet, and it works just fine. It actually has a light (basically a nightlight) that can be controlled separate from the plug via HomeKit like other lights in the room... cool bonus.

Why is this not listed on apple.com?

Are there other products that can be controlled by HomeKit that are not listed on their site?
[doublepost=1531141107][/doublepost]nvm - found it.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I'm looking for a master list of devices that are HomeKit friendly... If this list exists somewhere, please let me know as I can not find it anywhere on these forums.

I was both happy and disappointed when I found the Vocolinc outlet on Amazon that claimed to be HomeKit friendly. I ordered it, for half the price of what I paid for an idevice outlet, and it works just fine. It actually has a light (basically a nightlight) that can be controlled separate from the plug via HomeKit like other lights in the room... cool bonus.

Why is this not listed on apple.com?

Are there other products that can be controlled by HomeKit that are not listed on their site?
[doublepost=1531141107][/doublepost]nvm - found it.

I refer to this site. It's managed and crowdsourced and I find it pretty up to date most of the time.
https://homekitty.world

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.