Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
Does anyone know whether this series will be made available in DVD?
Don’t know about a DVD, but the series will remain on ATV+ for some time. Original show “Morning Show” is still available as are several other shows. I don’t see the incentive, because DVD would basically compete with ATV.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Don’t know about a DVD, but the series will remain on ATV+ for some time. Original show “Morning Show” is still available as are several other shows. I don’t see the incentive, because DVD would basically compete with ATV.
Thanks for your reply.

I rarely - as in almost never - watch TV, and I don't subscribe to ATV+, and have no intention of subscribing to ATV+ (or any of its siblings or kin, for that matter).

However, BOB is available on DVD, and, in my experience, (in the past, certainly), many such series were made available on DVD several months after the series in question had been broadcast.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

bladerunner88

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Off World
Thanks for your reply.

I rarely - as in almost never - watch TV, and I don't subscribe to ATV+, and have no intention of subscribing to ATV+ (or any of its siblings or kin, for that matter).

However, BOB is available on DVD, and, in my experience, (in the past, certainly), many such series were made available on DVD several months after the series in question had been broadcast.
FYI: Sometimes when you buy a new  Product or Service you may find a trial offer of tv+ comes with it 😎.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for your reply.

I don’t k ow for sure if this will or won’t get a release on DVD but the days of that are very quickly coming to and end.
The market for physical is rightly or wrongly diminishing every year.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I don’t k ow for sure if this will or won’t get a release on DVD but the days of that are very quickly coming to and end.
The market for physical is rightly or wrongly diminishing every year.
Some of us still (far) prefer it, and deeply dislike (if not utterly loathe) the rentier model of consumption for entertainment.

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
Thanks for your reply.

Too bad for you. No Apple TV+ series has ever appeared on DVD. Your loss.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Too bad for you. No Apple TV+ series has ever appeared on DVD. Your loss.
Not really.

To be perfectly candid, I can live without it, and I don't subscribe to any (streamed) channel; for that matter, I rarely watch TV, as I don't actually have a TV.

In any case, I asked about this (topic) here, as I simply wished to enquire whether it might be available in this format, and confess to some surprise at the tone of some of the responses to my question.

Last edited:

Nordichund

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Oslo, Norway
I enjoyed the series, it is certainly well made. Although I must admit I do find many CGI effects in modern movies rather fake. A bit like going to the theatre and seeing the painted scenery of the play. Happily I know that this will only improve. Anyway this show certainly brings out the horrors the aircrews faced during their bombing raids. Respect to all those heroes who took part.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.