Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
So, I just purchased a Zugu Case for my 2021 12.9” iPad Pro. I have found a magnetic screen protector you can keep reusing over and over again without bubbles called Stary. The only thing is I have no experience with matte screen protectors. Do they reduce the image quality of video content? I know they are good for pencil writing.

I am hoping it doesn’t reduce quality because this would literally be the best kind of screen protector for me I’ve ever found since I can’t seem to install tempered glass ones without dust or air bubbles being abundant.

Here is the Stary Magnetic Screen Protector if you wanted to see:

Also, another question I have is there is another one they make that’s a privacy screen protector which doesn’t seem to be matte, but I can’t tell. Would it be better if the matte one reduces quality? Here is the privacy version:

Finally, I wanted to ask if I should just not go with either of those and opt for the Zugu brand screen protector instead? I am only hesitant because it is $30 for 1 and like I said, I suck at installing tempered glass screen protectors, but it would 100% be compatible with the Zugu Case. So, what should I go with?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
So, I just purchased a Zugu Case for my 2021 12.9” iPad Pro. I have found a magnetic screen protector you can keep reusing over and over again without bubbles called Stary. The only thing is I have no experience with matte screen protectors. Do they reduce the image quality of video content? I know they are good for pencil writing.

I am hoping it doesn’t reduce quality because this would literally be the best kind of screen protector for me I’ve ever found since I can’t seem to install tempered glass ones without dust or air bubbles being abundant.

Here is the Stary Magnetic Screen Protector if you wanted to see:

Also, another question I have is there is another one they make that’s a privacy screen protector which doesn’t seem to be matte, but I can’t tell. Would it be better if the matte one reduces quality? Here is the privacy version:

Finally, I wanted to ask if I should just not go with either of those and opt for the Zugu brand screen protector instead? I am only hesitant because it is $30 for 1 and like I said, I suck at installing tempered glass screen protectors, but it would 100% be compatible with the Zugu Case. So, what should I go with?

Thanks for the help!
I haven't used a matte screen protector yet, that does NOT reduce the image quality. They can't help it, their job is to reduce glare, which will affect the image. I've been using a Paperlike screen protector on my 2018 iPP ( both versions ), you do get used to the image clarity reduction. My issue was that I went from my 2018 iPP with Paperlike on it, to the 2021 iPP with it's more intense screen. Which is why I decided to give the Stary screen protector a try.

51286692434_e04d9be7d0_z.jpg

Without:
51286990605_aa00fe417f_z.jpg

With:
51286990575_4d8c93430f_z.jpg

You will lose some color & image intensity. The appeal of the magnetic screen saver is that when you want to go from drawing & writing to reading or watching content you can have that visual intensity back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.