Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reed.schueler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2018
I just bought the iCarez screen protector and the distortion is really bad, but it feels great to use Apple Pencil on it. I took it off right away because I’m really partictuar about the screen clarity. On White screens, everything was spots off the rainbow. Anyway, what should I buy instead that doesn’t distort the screen so bad?? It was way annoying to see that protector FEEL so nice, but look awful. Suggestions please!
I have iPad Pro 10.5 BTW...

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I've only found one matte screen protector in my travels that keeps text crisp and clear (and doesn't fuzz-up the text or cause a slight rainbow shimmer). I received a Mr. Shield matte protector for my Lenovo Yoga Book for Christmas and it is fantastic. Not only does it cut the glare without affecting the clarity of the screen, but it has the same feel as the Halo keyboard/wacom panel which is so nice when using the Pen on the screen or the keyboard. Just enough resistance to feel like pen on paper.

I plan on getting one for my 12.9 iPad Pro.

Reactions: Reed.schueler

Reed.schueler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2018
What type of screen protector—film or glass?
Film
[doublepost=1515279687][/doublepost]
I've only found one matte screen protector in my travels that keeps text crisp and clear (and doesn't fuzz-up the text or cause a slight rainbow shimmer). I received a Mr. Shield matte protector for my Lenovo Yoga Book for Christmas and it is fantastic. Not only does it cut the glare without affecting the clarity of the screen, but it has the same feel as the Halo keyboard/wacom panel which is so nice when using the Pen on the screen or the keyboard. Just enough resistance to feel like pen on paper.

I plan on getting one for my 12.9 iPad Pro.
Thank you!! I’ll look into that

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I thought that I'd follow up on my previous post. I went ahead and ordered a Mr Shield anti-glare screen protector for my 12.9 iPad Pro. I was a bit concerned about applying such a large screen protector without getting any air bubbles or dust. Especially since the only "perfect" screen protector application I've ever done over all these years and devices was the Mr Shield anti-glare protector I just applied to my Yoga Book.

The air here is pretty dry and so airborne dust and static electricity were a concern. I pulled out the vaporizer to add a little moisture to the air and to reduce static electricity.

I removed the contents of the Mr Shield package and laid them out in easy reach. I placed my iPP on the granite kitchen island and thoroughly cleaned it, first with a wet eyeglass wipe to remove fingerprint and larger dust particles. Then i used a lint-free microfiber cloth to pull up more dust. I used the supplied blue tape to even more thorough remove dust. Then I carefully pealed the outer plastic on the first side and slowly applied it.

After a few moments of using the supplied squeegee to remove little air bubbles, I removed the remaining plastic to reveal the matte screen protector....

ZERO air bubbles. Zero dust particles. A perfect installation. It looks and feels amazing. Although it isn't as rough as those like-paper protectors, there's enough resistance (compared to the bare glass) that using the Apple Pencil is more enjoyable. I'm very impressed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.