Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
Edit: so yeah it was DEFINITELY mail that was slowing my computer down. Cannot wait to get my new mbp later this week looking forward to getting my feet wet in mavericks properly

Last edited:

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
so I made the mistake of "downgrading" to Vista I mean Mavericks from SL....

1. Where are my notes?
2. nothing opens Preview, calendar etc etc etc? why????
3. why is everything so sloooooooowwwwwww????

huge mistake :(
Are you asking for help or is this just a small rant?

All my apps - and everything else - functioning as expected on my three machines running 10.9 (iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Air).

Memory management is tons better than 10.8 (my Mac mini only has 8GB and the memory compression feature of Mavericks is quite impressive).

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
reboot? re-install?? something's up, you need to do some investigating. for most of us, everything works as it's supposed to...

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
ok I slightly overreacted. Found my notes and that was the main gripe. I am using an 09 mbp c2d with 4 gb ram but going to a major upgrade this week a 2012 mbp with 16gb ram can't wait. still figuring out mavericks but it really seems to run slow on this machine. Everything hanggggggs forever

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
ok I slightly overreacted. Found my notes and that was the main gripe. I am using an 09 mbp c2d with 4 gb ram but going to a major upgrade this week a 2012 mbp with 16gb ram can't wait. still figuring out mavericks but it really seems to run slow on this machine. Everything hanggggggs forever

Slightly? That's slightly an understatement. It would be nice if people just stated their problem rather than taking it so far like saying, "Vista..oh I mean Mavericks".

Ram will be the first of your journey to your Mac breathing fresh air especially since it's so old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.