Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faintember

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
Just wondering if anyone is running max/msp, finale, peak, cubase and has upgraded to tiger.

I do want to upgrade to Tiger (i am running 10.2.8 now) but I am concerned about these programs running in a stable manner in Tiger. That and wondering if Tiger will work with my Firewire 410 hardware interface.

Being a grad student, I can't really have any downtime with my computer and software/hardware issues, especially when working on submissions for SEAMUS.

Thanks if anyone can help..

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
The only one i've tried is Reason. In a few weeks when i get my powerbook i'll try Reaktor, Cubase and Peak.

All of the music lecturers here have upgraded to Tiger and I presume there hasnt been a problem as they've all been raving about how good it is. I know one of them uses the FW 410, so it may be safe to assume it works. The only software I know currently doesnt work is Pro Tools, but that may have been fixed now.

If downtime is an issue, why not wait to install tiger till the Summer when downtime is not so critical?

faintember

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Well i am currently in development of a wireless mask device that uses max/msp for sound creation/manipulation. During classes there really isnt any time for this, so summer/other breaks are the only chances i get to play with this new idea. Besides, summer is the time i have to work on music without being bothered by school crap, such as writing papers on dead people, teaching classes, etc.

But thanks for your help. I will prob wait until a month before school to switch (or maybe try to find a copy of panther for cheap now..hummmm)

Thanks again

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Max/MSP runs under Tiger, but it's still not clear how well. We have a lot running in Panther still, but it does run on a brand new PowerBook with 10.4 installed.

faintember

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Thanks Winter.

Im gonna get tiger and see how it goes. If not i can re-install jaguar. I am just afraid of max having problems in live performance under tiger. It runs rock solid under jaguar and panther from my experiences, but nothing ruins a concert faster than a application or two crashing.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.