Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmitrique

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2022
Hello dear colleagues!
This problem started yesterday. Very long image rendering time (low fps) and ghosting. Sometimes there are stripes.
There are no problems on the external monitor. So the problem is either in the cable or in the matrix. How to determine what exactly is the problem?
I tried to press the screen in different places, I tried to pull the cable in different places, there is no result.
Sometimes the monitor starts to work normally, and then again these lags.
In the first video I wanted to film the problem, but the display suddenly fixed itself. although I barely touched the display.

Has anyone had similar problems?

PS: Sorry for my bad English

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
Looks like you already answered your own question as there are no issues on external display. It is definitely the MacBook's native display/cable issue.

This MacBook is my very first Mac and while I have never experienced the problem with the display firsthand, I observed that the other users do have problems with the displays(such as lines on a screen etc.) on these machines.
I used my MacBook mostly as a desktop with the lid open nearly 100% of the time. I guess opening and closing display a lot during its 10+ years lifespan will likely cause an issue with a ribbon cable at the very least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.