Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
nj
There's one thing I've been wondering about from the first moment I saw the MB Air: Given the form factor and its weight, doesn't it tip over when you rest your palms on it while typing? (is there anybody who has hands on experience?)

bluelight

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
There's one thing I've been wondering about from the first moment I saw the MB Air: Given the form factor and its weight, doesn't it tip over when you rest your palms on it while typing? (is there anybody who has hands on experience?)

When I played around with it, nothing of the sort happened. It looks very curvature and wedge-shaped, but the base is very level and sturdy.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
LOL. I clicked on this thread wondering if you meant it might topple over in an earthquake :D

bluelight

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
LOL. I clicked on this thread wondering if you meant it might topple over in an earthquake :D

If that was his initial question, no. The MBA has flying capabilities. In the event of an earth quake, the MBA leaps into the air and hovers until the quake is over.

weg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
nj
If that was his initial question, no. The MBA has flying capabilities. In the event of an earth quake, the MBA leaps into the air and hovers until the quake is over.

Yeah, that's the other thing I wanted to ask. Given the form factor and the weight, how well does it fly, compared to a frisbee, for instance? (Early adopters: Could one of you post a video on youtube?)

bluelight

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Yeah, that's the other thing I wanted to ask. Given the form factor and the weight, how well does it fly, compared to a frisbee, for instance? (Early adopters: Could one of you post a video on youtube?)

you can't film the MBA, its beyond filming

it turns invisible because of how thin it is

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I heard it's so thin that it negates air resistance, so if you throw it, it goes right round the Earth and eventually hits you on the back of the head.

miggyb

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2006
I heard it's so thin that it negates air resistance, so if you throw it, it goes right round the Earth and eventually hits you on the back of the head.

Hey guys, I accidentally tripped on my way out today, and my MBA fell into orbit! Is there any way I can get it back!? :(

:rolleyes:

Animalk

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2007
Montreal Canada
The logic board is under the top 2/3 of the keyboard, the rest is battery. A perfect counter-balance for the extra thin and light screen at no matter what angle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.