Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jumpcutking

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
I was very impressed that the Touch Bar survived into the next generation. Actually very glad. I’ve gotten to love it since it disappeared in the pro 14/16 models.

What are your thoughts?

jumpcutking

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
Why is it difficult to accept that some people like the TouchBar?
I like it for 2 reasons. 1) it’s a fun way to do some ordinary things. 2) it’s a unique characteristic that separates Mac lab tops from PCs. The notch to me does not.

However, it seems like they just replaced the m1 chip with the m2 in the 13 pro.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I like it for 2 reasons. 1) it’s a fun way to do some ordinary things. 2) it’s a unique characteristic that separates Mac lab tops from PCs. The notch to me does not.

However, it seems like they just replaced the m1 chip with the m2 in the 13 pro.
Agreed. For me the notch is an atrocity and so is that new boxy look for all MBPs and MBAs.

Reactions: jumpcutking

Sammy in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
I adore(a girly word) the M1 MacBook Pro 13” with the touch bar. So count me in the Touch Bar cult. It just gives the keyboard layout some pizzazz and visual interest. I like doing FaceTime on it as it shows a Contacts profile picture in the bar, as well as mini pics when your scrolling the photos app. You can scrub ads on YouTube, has word prediction/autocorrect and other things.

BUT, if you’re a purist and like the plain ol’ keyboard layout with nothing to look at then good for you. I’ll actually mourn the Touch Bar when(hopefully “if”)apple finally removes it completely from their line up

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
13" Pro sells well to enterprise and to customers who feel they need something with Pro in the title but mostly they don't, nor do they realise the Air they laughably passed-up on has better speakers, a better screen and virtually the same performance.

Looks totally at odds now against every other computer in their lineup and needs to go, which I'm sure it will do next year.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I was very impressed that the Touch Bar survived into the next generation. Actually very glad. I’ve gotten to love it since it disappeared in the pro 14/16 models.

What are your thoughts?
I like the iteration of the Touch Bar that has a physical Escape key. Not having that was a serious hinderance.

Certainly, I'm happy that there's at least one model in the Mac notebook lineup with a stable design that isn't still prone to any of the kind of issues that tend to crop up with Rev A MacBooks. But, the IT guy in me generally prefers stability over bells and whistles and new designs. Give me a design that has matured enough to be a safe use of my four-digit dollar amount and I will give you said four digit dollar amount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.