Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youyesyou

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Paris, France
a question that i can't sleep at the moment without posting it on the forum

Do you think i could buy the 80 go drive version of the MBA and later change to SSD or do you have to buy the SSD version right from the start to be able to change to a larger SSD later ?

Catch

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2004
London, UK
People are already hoping to put a 128mb SSD drive in the MBA. Braver than me I have to say. Until someone does it I guess its all speculation...

Regards,

C

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

the drive is a standard parallel ATA drive, and it appears that the drive is easy to replace, so I don't see why not. Although because you have to remove the case, it will probably void the warranty.

island

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2007
Nashville
It's already been talked about how the battery (and everything else) is very quick to get to. The entire bottom pops off and you can access it all.

Time will tell how easy it is to swap the HD.

rsbell

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Murrieta, CA
I will post pics of a DIY my friend is going to try it, the samsung has the same connecters as the pATA drive....he has one now

This is good news because I'm going with the 80GB hard drive for now, then will upgrade to SSD when they get a little more reasonable for at least 128GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.