Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tim100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 25, 2009
what are the improvements over rev b. i know the processor is faster and they are priced cheaper, how about the following

1) display do they have a better color gaumt like the mbp
2) battery life
3) hinge issue
4) line issue

LAS.mac

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Mexico
what are the improvements over rev b. i know the processor is faster and they are priced cheaper, how about the following

1) display do they have a better color gaumt like the mbp
2) battery life
3) hinge issue
4) line issue

1) same display
2) same battery
3) same hinge
4) same display = same possibility of lines

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I have owned all three versions. The other reply was partially correct.

The Rev C differs in these ways.

2.13 GHz SL9600 Penryn Intel Core 2 Duo

Nvidia GPU running 6x original (rev B was 4x original)

Battery has more capacity AND allows far more cycles (I am getting 45 more minutes on C than my rev B 1.86/SSD)

Network adapter to USB included.

The display in MBA is same as in rev B. Most of the lines are visible from short distances but not normal viewing. The GAMMA 2.2 setting helps in my opinion. To me about 20% of the displays have visible lines from normal viewing distance. Most cannot see as it appears grainy but not a problem very often.

I highly recommend you buy either rev B/C with SSD. Can be purchased in refurbished section at Apple.com for $1349 and $1549.

I am very pleased with the rev C. I will not be surprised to see a new high-end between now and November.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.