Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphone3gs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
MBA rev D when and what top specs?

Your predictions!

So far:

MBA rev A : Jan 29 2008 (release date) : 1.6Ghz (64 SSd)
MBA rev B : Oct 2008 : 1.8Ghz (80 Ssd)
MBA rev C : June 8 2009 (current model) : 2.1Ghz (128 ssd)

MBA rev D : ?

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
WTF? I just started a new thread this morning about the real rev c v 3,1 MBA. 22 replies already. Really necessary to create a duplicate thread?

Halon X

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2005
Malibu, CA
WTF? I just started a new thread this morning about the real rev c v 3,1 MBA. 22 replies already. Really necessary to create a duplicate thread?

Your thread is a huge, opinionated 10 paragraph rant. This is a simple, direct and to the point question with a timeline of past release dates posted as a starting basis for discussion. I'd say yes, it was necessary in order to focus on the point of the question.

To answer the original question
Based on release dates alone, I think it was pretty obvious (though not implausible) that there would be no MBA updates today. I can maybe see a silent SSD upgrade between now and the next major release but little more. The two limiting factors for some are 2GB RAM and 128GB SSD and while I would love to see 4GB and 256GB, I personally don't feel it's necessary or would really be noticed/needed by a large percentage of MBA users.

The option for 4GB/256GB would be nice to see on the current model however I image the cost to make this happen would also drive up the cost of the lower models. When the next revision is released, I could see Apple offering a 4GB/256GB option, especially now with some of the competitions offerings. I'd also love to see inductive (wireless) charging and a wireless USB docking option.

Macintox

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2009
Not sure we should be expecting a Rev D MacBook air, we have seen all there is to see from this architecture and design.
But an entire new model based on Nehalem chips, with more ports, more RAM and more HD space is more than likely next spring.
An MBair with 4GB RAM and at least 160GB SSD was possible now, but the jump was not big enough to incite for most of us to trade up...so it did not come ... They’ll catch us again for sure next year with something we won't be able to resist

Iphone3gs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I reckon Nov 2009.

Simailr when The macbook was updated this summer then then Macbook pro/air were updated 1 month late.

Next month i reckon we would see an upgrade on the Macbook air...if not Nov then Definte jan/Feb 2010.

I would like to see a thinner bezzel, thinner and lighter Macbook Air...beating the specs of the Dell Adamo

still in school

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2009
Your thread is a huge, opinionated 10 paragraph rant. This is a simple, direct and to the point question with a timeline of past release dates posted as a starting basis for discussion. I'd say yes, it was necessary in order to focus on the point of the question.

To answer the original question
Based on release dates alone, I think it was pretty obvious (though not implausible) that there would be no MBA updates today. I can maybe see a silent SSD upgrade between now and the next major release but little more. The two limiting factors for some are 2GB RAM and 128GB SSD and while I would love to see 4GB and 256GB, I personally don't feel it's necessary or would really be noticed/needed by a large percentage of MBA users.

The option for 4GB/256GB would be nice to see on the current model however I image the cost to make this happen would also drive up the cost of the lower models. When the next revision is released, I could see Apple offering a 4GB/256GB option, especially now with some of the competitions offerings. I'd also love to see inductive (wireless) charging and a wireless USB docking option.

LOL. If they're going to keep the same chassis next update, i'll still be holding out, but if it's a redesign, I'm getting it no matter the cost!

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
I think H1 2010 with Arrandale (unless Apple sticks with Penryn), 4 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD (high end).

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
2.26 Penryn
4GB RAM
256 SSD
9400M or successor
Glass Trackpad

Possible case redesign.

Nothing more, so don't get your hopes up. Same lack of ports.

Halon X

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2005
Malibu, CA
2.26 Penryn
4GB RAM
256 SSD
9400M or successor
Glass Trackpad

Possible case redesign.

Nothing more, so don't get your hopes up. Same lack of ports.

I've never had a port issue with the MBA however I think wireless USB (and video) would help solve that for some, at least at their primary desk location.

I wouldn't mind a little of the "fat" trimmed off the edges making it a 12" laptop but am very happy with the size, weight and design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.