Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
I swapped the battery to my 2015MBAir with a third party one but now when I work with photos and export from LightRoom it takes ages, opening software, even the phonebook, takes too long of a time, went through DiskUtility routines to optimise, reset Pram but no success, still too slow vs the computer it used to be and still running same software so no matter of more computational power request nor tight on disk space, any clue what might depend on and what could I try to make it a bit snappier?

Grazie

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Reset the SMC

If problems persists then it could be a faulty battery w/ bad sensor. Exchange it.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
Schermata 2024-02-21 alle 22.09.18.png

Reactions: Audit13

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The battery statistics look good.

If you have the old battery, reinstall it and boot the MacBook to see if it behaves any differently with and without the charger. If it doesn't, there's something else going on.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
I got the feel it's something with the SSD, all the operations involving data reading/writing take ages, the export process of a photo is something unbelievable, back in time it used to perform these operations so very smoothly, I know the machine is old but for traveling and daily usage it used to be more then enough to fill the needs.

I should have the NVME adapter somewhere, maybe try with a new SSD to find out if it solves the issue but before buying it what else can I do to check where the problem lies?

Grazie

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
Schermata 2024-02-24 alle 13.55.05.png

So far seems like the SSD is still in good health, now I had to reboot the computer and after booting exporting a photo from LightRoom is a charm, I don't use FB much but once in a while I access to follow my groups and it hangs the computer, after a reboot it all goes like a charm, now I have several open Safari tabs, LightRoom in the background as well as WhatsApp and a few more items and it all works very well, most of the problems arise after the computer goes on sleep...

Reactions: Audit13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.