Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

molocono

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
I've been using an original MBox with a PowerMac G4 933MHz for the past two years with no problems, but now I have a Mac Pro 2.66 and this little box is giving me a headache. Whenever I use the MBox for audio output with any application, after a couple of minutes of use my audio will be interrupted by loud white noise. It doesn't go away until I shut down and restart the application I'm using. I have the Intel versions of Pro Tools LE and Core Audio. I've tried all the USB ports on my machine, even reinstalled OS X. This is driving me nuts, as I never had these problems on my G4. Could anyone offer any help? Thanks!

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
have you hit the digi compatability pages to ensure that the mbox, your OS version, and the version of PT you're using are all compatible?

danhig123

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2006
hmm I used that setup briefly, and everything seemed OK.

My only suggestion from hearing your description on the problem is to make sure the buffer size and sample rates are the same between the core audio driver and the audio program. You would get broadband noise as you described if they somehow went out of sync with eachother, which is a known bug with CoreAudio.

Danny

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.