Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cokersa

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Kansas City
Just received a brand new Dell U2717D as external monitor for my nearly new MBP 15" (since the old Thunderbolt display is not available any more and the new one hasn't been released). The text quality on the monitor, however, is terrible, which defeats the whole purpose of getting an external monitor. Visually, its materially worse than my 27" non-retina iMac.

I've got it connected to my MBP using the Thunderbolt/Mini-DisplayPort output (on MBP) to Mini-DisplayPort input (on the monitor). I've set "use LCD font smoothing when available" both on and off, which makes no difference. I've tried several options for the display settings, including mirroring, use native resolution, scale (but select the native resolution), and none of them seem to make any difference.

Any suggestions? Seems this has got to be some sort of driver/ configuration problem...

JDW

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2005
Japan
I too have a 2015 15" MBP (with dGPU), and I've been mulling a purchase of the U2717D. Did you ever resolve the problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.