Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imax05

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2010
Hi,
I own a Mac Pro 2013 (12 core + dual d700) and a MBP 2014 (which is now unusable , too slow )

I do video editing (with raw files) and photo editing..

I'd like to replace this setup with a MBP 2021, with top configuration, (the top configuration of 14'' and 16'' is the same, correct?)

I'd like to connect my old 27 monitor, mini display port, to the MBP, is it possible with an adaptor display port-usbc?

And I have 3 Areca Raid thunderbolt 1/2 to connect (non daily, this is old storage) ..I can use the adaptor thunderbolt 1/2 to usb-c?

Any advice on a possible dock station?

So my use:
- Editing at home office with 2 screen or maybe a new big one 30/32''.. with MBP 2021
- Light work at home, light photo retouching, email, web research, and thing like this, with an ipad mini
- 3/4 time for year I bring a laptop with me on set.

I decided this because:
- this new chip is fenomenal for me, and I don't want to pay for an imac with the same chip + a base mackbook pro.. for me is a waste of money .. and i don't want to buy a new mac pro 2022 that will cost probably too much for me...
and for me, the new imac and macmini pro 2022 will use the same chip of this Mbp..

what do you think?
thank you!!!

( I will have to turn down the basic macbook pro I ordered tomorrow.... :( )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.