Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zterm

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2018
Hello.
I have a 2010 Macbook Pro with OCLP 1.1/Monterey. It works great for what I need it for, but I would like to be able to present in Keynote.
I know it is a very old machine. The problem is that Keynote works correctly but crashes immediately as soon as I press the play button.

Any ideas?

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
What version of keynote are you using? On my 09 Macbook Pro running Monterey keynote plays fine, but i’m using an old version (6.6.2) which was the least one to support 10.11. My update process was 10.11 -> dosdude1’s Catalina patcher -> OCLP Monterey.

zterm

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2018
What version of keynote are you using? On my 09 Macbook Pro running Monterey keynote plays fine, but i’m using an old version (6.6.2) which was the least one to support 10.11. My update process was 10.11 -> dosdude1’s Catalina patcher -> OCLP Monterey.
Thank you very much!

I am using Monterey 12.7.1 and have tried many old Keynote versions but not as old as 6.6.2, which, by the way, I don't have access to. But I found a copy of iWork installer in an old drive and installed 6.6.1 and voilá! Keynote works fine again in my old MBP 2010.

Again, thank you very much!

Reactions: wicknix

zterm

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2018
Thank you very much!

I am using Monterey 12.7.1 and have tried many old Keynote versions but not as old as 6.6.2, which, by the way, I don't have access to. But I found a copy of iWork installer in an old drive and installed 6.6.1 and voilá! Keynote works fine again in my old MBP 2010.

Again, thank you very much!
By the way, I just noticed your link to v6.6.2 at archive.org.
Thanks!

Reactions: wicknix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.