Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuronoharu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have this issue that I want to resolve. I have searched for the answer for hours on google, etc.

So, I have an MBP 2012 13'' with Bootcamp installed. Everything works fine until I plug in an external display to it.
The system (DEVICE MANAGER, INTEL HD GRAPHICS sees the display. However, the screen stays black forever). Resetting the SMC, NVRAM does not give any results.

The cable that I'm using is a mini-DP to DP one.

In macOS, everything works fine, both displays are visible, and I'm able to use them without any issues daily.

Has anyone figured out a way to fix this?

Wennauchwerner

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have this issue that I want to resolve. I have searched for the answer for hours on google, etc.

So, I have an MBP 2012 13'' with Bootcamp installed. Everything works fine until I plug in an external display to it.
The system (DEVICE MANAGER, INTEL HD GRAPHICS sees the display. However, the screen stays black forever). Resetting the SMC, NVRAM does not give any results.

The cable that I'm using is a mini-DP to DP one.

In macOS, everything works fine, both displays are visible, and I'm able to use them without any issues daily.

Has anyone figured out a way to fix this?
Hi!

Got the same problem! - Did you find any useful solution?

BR

MacinDos

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2021
I had once that problem to, it was caused in my case by the mini-DP to DP cable.
Try using another cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.