Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tafmasterpl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Hello guys. bought brand new 13" 2018 Touchbar, very happy with this, no KP so far(fingers crossed haha) But i have a big problem, im jumping from my underpowered Early 2016 MB 12" and i always turned to sleep my Mac with quick command CMD+OPTION+POWER to turn off screen and put my Mac to sleep, tried to do this with TouchID but it's not working at all, whats command to bring it back or make it to use it like before i'm using it a lot and i'm not a fan of closing and opening a lid back n forth. I tried to search google but nothing concrete here. Help and happy new year!

unglued

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2016
I had to add it to the Touch Bar. System Preferences > Keyboard > Customize Touch Bar > drag the Sleep icon to the Touch Bar > click Done. Much quicker now just one key tap to put it to Sleep.

Reactions: HenryDJP

rgschmidt

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2011
NL
Hello guys. bought brand new 13" 2018 Touchbar, very happy with this, no KP so far(fingers crossed haha) But i have a big problem, im jumping from my underpowered Early 2016 MB 12" and i always turned to sleep my Mac with quick command CMD+OPTION+POWER to turn off screen and put my Mac to sleep, tried to do this with TouchID but it's not working at all, whats command to bring it back or make it to use it like before i'm using it a lot and i'm not a fan of closing and opening a lid back n forth. I tried to search google but nothing concrete here. Help and happy new year!

You can also use "Hot corners" in Display|Screensaver. Set upper right corner to "Put Display to sleep". You can just suspend your Mac with one mouse swipe to upper right corner (in this example).

Reactions: HenryDJP

unglued

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2016
Hot corners is much better now too with TouchID. I always had a frustrating problem accidentally moving the mouse and triggering it and having to enter my password to unlock it. I still have the problem but now with TouchID it's quick to unlock it.

tafmasterpl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
I edited Touchbar and got it now with one button click, it's great, thanks guys, case closed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.