Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

witka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2020
Hi! My 2018 13 inch MacBook Pro has a display issue very similar to the 'flexgate' problems. The colors are distorted, but when the lid is at very low angle, the problem disappears. So, I guess it is still problem with display cable. Apple apparently did not solve it properly. There is also flickering and ghosting.
I went to the repair store (Apple doesn't have any Apple Stores in Poland). They said that it was probably the same problem and that they would send it to Apple as they also apparently repair also 2017 models, which aren't eligible for official repair program. However Apple declined repairing it and offered very costly whole screen replacement. I was very disappointed.
Does anybody have a similar problem? It occurred about 2 years after I had bought the MacBook, so it might be something new for these Macs. Do you think there is a chance that Apple will launch new repair program?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.