Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knolly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I've got a SR 2.2ghz Macbook Pro and have lately been experiencing two problems more and more...

The first is that programs, mainly Firefox and VLC Player, will just crash. A lot. VLC it occurs whenever I seek the video on the time bar, but Firefox it will just occur randomly when I'm browsing, and never at the same page.

The second is whenever I try to wake it from sleep, it will either take a VERY long time to have the login screen come up (as in 1-2 minutes... Longer than it takes me to boot up), or will simply never come up after waiting 10 minutes or so... The computer is clearly on, it just won't do anything even if I press keys (interestingly enough, the caps and num lock do turn green), or if I move and click the trackpad and connected mouse.

Does anyone have ANY idea what's up? The second problem is my main concern and it's just starting to really tick me off since it happens at least half of the time.

coogee

macrumors regular
May 28, 2007
Exact same problem here. Tried various solutions as recommended to me, including:

Changing sleep mode in Terminal.
Adding User account, using that.
Clearing Caches.
Repairing Disk Permissions.
Archive and Install.
Full Erase and Install.
Fully destroying any enabled Bluetooth related features.

and so on...

Upshot, for me, none worked, problem got worse and worse until 100% of time, sleep would kill the machine plus constant unexplained crashing.

One thing is that my machine would not sleep from the Menu Bar at all. nothing would happen.

Mine is with reseller under repair currently. Has had Display/Top Case and Logic Board replaced, one of my Firewire ports wasn't working either.

I've had no direct to contact with techies to know why they've taken this action or what upshot is, still waiting on that atm. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.