Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scottyfrombi

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2007
There will be a pent up demand for MBP's from those that will wait for Leopard between now and release date of 10.5, so the only orders are from those who must buy now for reasons beyond their control. When the big announcement goes out, stand back or you will be crushed by the masses trying to order the day of the announcement to get free Leopard or because they believe that there will be an improved MBP announced with Leopard.

I only hope that those who waited are not disappointed by problems with the first release version of 10.5 or by a horrendously long wait for their book to ship.

panthersweat

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2007
This is why I invested the time driving to the store and walking out with a notebook in-hand. :)

I was thinking the same, but didn't know if they carried the glossy and 7200RPM drives in store. Don't tell me they do! :(

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
I was thinking the same, but didn't know if they carried the glossy and 7200RPM drives in store. Don't tell me they do! :(

call and ask... i went to the store and got the base model cause i planned on upgrading the hard drive and ram myself... nice getting it the moment you pay

panthersweat

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2007
@webgoat

You're kidding me! Upgrading the hard drive yourself doesn't void the warranty? I know upgrading the RAM is fine, but wasn't sure if you could touch the HD. (Wouldn't want to void that 3 year warranty;) )

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville

I was told when I ordered my MBP that the stores only carry the default configurations.

And I too added memory and swapped out the drive after getting the minimally configured MBP available online. I figure I saved $500 off of "Apple" memory and "Apple" HDs.

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts

Attachments

• mpbleadtimes.png
    mpbleadtimes.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 60

doppler

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2007
A'petown Belgium
I ordered a BTO 15" MacBook Pro 2.4, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM HD on Sept. 5th at my local retail store here in Belgium. Still no estimated date for shipping 'till now… Called the store today and they wouldn't be surprised if it takes another month!? Next time I'll order at the online Apple store I guess, seems like the retail stores are at the bottom of the waiting-list.

panthersweat

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2007
Yeah this is getting ridiculous.

I placed my order on Sept 27th with the old "ships in 7-10 days", but I didn't feel like waiting until October 19th to get my glossy 15" MBP with a 7200RPM drive. I did the same as the guy above and just purchased a default at an Apple store with intent to add more RAM and a new HD myself!

It sure is nice to pay $2,500 for laptop and have to wait nearly a month!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.