Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laidbackliam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
i've got my macbook pro hooked into my receiver, which is then hooked into my vcr/dvd combo, which then hooks into my coax input of my tv. (its an OLD tv).

what i'd like to do is set it up to display video full screen on the tv, so i can play around on the laptop.

it works great when mirroring, i have no problems with that, but sometimes i'd like to put a video on fullscreen and have the tv going with a movie or somesuch. does anyone have any knowledge as to how to do this?

Joony

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2005
Go to system preferences, hit displays, arrangement tab, and untick "Mirror Displays"

Awesome to be able to watch full screen video on a seconday display :)

laidbackliam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
Go to system preferences, hit displays, arrangement tab, and untick "Mirror Displays"

Awesome to be able to watch full screen video on a seconday display :)

i'm not mirroring. when i press command f, i get fullscreen on the lcd only, not the tv. it works great fullscreen when mirroring, but i want it to work when spanning.

i'm looking at quicktime, and i'm not sure what settings you're talking about.

Joony

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2005
oh, whoops.

Launch quicktime, preferences, full screen tab, click the other display.

Also, you need QT Pro for full screen.

laidbackliam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
sweet! found it.

its in quicktimes preferences, not the quicktime settings in the system preferences pane.

this is exactly what i wanted. thanks!

edit,

saw this after i found the right spot. and yeah, i have qt pro. thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.