Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Does anyone know if the extender cord from a iBook/PB will plug in to the MBP power brick? I know the one end is totally different being that its a mag-safe plug, but the other end looks like the standard prongs pop off and extender cord plugs in dealio.

Thanks
Ed

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
Pretty sure the extension cables are all the same. Although I don't have two of them sitting around to prove this. I know the little plugs that attach to the power brick are all the same so this is what I'm basing my guess on.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Apple is brilliant in that all devices share the same connectors, so you can use the same adapter plugs between your iPod, MBP, MB, and yes, the old PBs and iBooks too.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
rtdgoldfish said:
Pretty sure the extension cables are all the same. Although I don't have two of them sitting around to prove this. I know the little plugs that attach to the power brick are all the same so this is what I'm basing my guess on.

Just checked and rtdgoldfish is right, the extension cord works on the iBook/PB and MBP and iPod AC adapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.