Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aj287772

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
About three days ago I inserted a disc into the superdrive and watched a movie and then took it out and then for some reason the MAC was vibrating and making clicking noises. Like the noise when you move your MacBook to fast or something when using it. Eat keeps vibrating a lot and the only way to lower the vibrating is to push down to the left and right of the trackpad. Also I hear little ticking noises like the HDD is hitting something and it's just making weird noises. Then the next day I accidentally stepped on the laptop and cracked the screen in the top right of the computer. Then the next I looked at the bottom left and theres a dent. could me stepping on it make that dent? Because I never dropped my laptop. Also the vibrating and weird noises started before me stepping on the laptop. Also I noticed that the bottom right of the laptop is lifted off the table when I put it down so it's not balanced correctly and when I push it down it stops vibrating. It's just barley lifted up. could this be the problem with everything? Would anyone have an idea what the problem is? Also apple said it costs $1000 to fix the crack in the screen, but I paid $1200 to buy it new. I have a 2012 mid MacBookPro. The crack is like a hairline crack from the top left to the top right then through the screen to the middle then down to the bottom right.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
could me stepping on it make that dent?

Yes, stepping on your computer can dent/bend/break it.

I'd either take it in to Apple and pay for the $1000 repair, or sell it for scrap and buy something that hasn't been stepped on.

aj287772

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
What crackhead told you that?

The technician at the Apple Store said that surprisingly just for the screen
[doublepost=1452210712][/doublepost]

I'd either take it in to Apple and pay for the $1000 repair, or sell it for scrap and buy something that hasn't been stepped on.

Could I get it repaired since the vibrating and weird noise problems happend for no reason? I stepped on the laptop after the vibrating and weird noises

aj287772

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015

its just weird that the dent is on the opposite side of the computer where I stepped on and it on the side of the computer it just seems impossible to dent the side.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
The technician at the Apple Store said that surprisingly just for the screen
Are they charging you 600-700 dollars in labor? Because that's what they're doing. You can buy a screen for your laptop for a few hundred bucks and put it in yourself by following the instructions on https://www.ifixit.com/

That's absolutely absurd. How could anyone convince someone to pay as much for their screen as a new laptop? You'd just ... buy a brand new 2015 model for the same price.

aj287772

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015

Do i need to open the underside of the computer to put a new screen on?
[doublepost=1452219272][/doublepost]
Are they charging you 600-700 dollars in labor? Because that's what they're doing. You can buy a screen for your laptop for a few hundred bucks and put it in yourself by following the instructions on https://www.ifixit.com/

That's absolutely absurd. How could anyone convince someone to pay as much for their screen as a new laptop? You'd just ... buy a brand new 2015 model for the same price.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
its just weird that the dent is on the opposite side of the computer where I stepped on and it on the side of the computer it just seems impossible to dent the side.

If your computer was on the floor I have no idea what else may have also been there. It's entirely possible that something was under it and it caused the dent when you applied force to the other side.
[doublepost=1452223281][/doublepost]

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Unibody+Mid+2012+Display+Replacement/10366

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.