Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

composer66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
I have a MBP 2.16 c2d. When I take the power adapter off, my mac suddenly shuts down. If I try to restart on battery power, the light at the front lights up, then it makes a strange sound and shutsdown. All within about one second. If I plug it back in, it works fine, but shuts down as soon as I take the apadter out. Any help would be appreciated. I do have applecare but would prefer to find a solution. Thanks

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
I have a MBP 2.16 c2d. When I take the power adapter off, my mac suddenly shuts down. If I try to restart on battery power, the light at the front lights up, then it makes a strange sound and shutsdown. All within about one second. If I plug it back in, it works fine, but shuts down as soon as I take the apadter out. Any help would be appreciated. I do have applecare but would prefer to find a solution. Thanks

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/355369/

composer66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
I just tried again but without my external monitor plugged in. Everything works fine. Is it because the battery is not powerful enough to run two monitors? I am pretty sure it was working before?????

composer66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
Now I just plugged in my external monitor while running on battery, and everything works. Weird.

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
This may be stupid but do you have "automatically restart after power failure" turned on under the energy saver/options settings?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.