Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
My old MBPro 15" is a late 2011 one whose MainBoard has been changed due to ack failure from Apple and as such is in good working conditions, quad core i7 and 16GB RAM but with the old spinning HD is a pain to even just turn it on and as such I use way more the tiny MBA13" whose screen, when needed, is way too small for some things I am into and as such thinking to upgrade the MBPro with an SSD especially now since price seems to have fallen quite a bit since I last thought doing so.

Somebody on here pointed out the Samsung 860EVO (MZ-76E1T0B/AM) as fitting and as a good option, do you confirm it to be a good pick? It is in the 170$ range and seems too good to be true...

Thank you

Giovanni

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
I can't believe how, finally, SSD prices fell down to a human rate, till a few months ago I totally gave up the idea of going bigger than 500GB but now the 1TB tag is not only accessible but mandatory since my beloved 27" late 2009 iMac got roasted (I guess it's the graphic board) and as such I need a capable backup computer with enough room to fit the iMac data plus existing MBP one...

A pity that MBAir compatible SSD didn't go through the same route since I have my son's 13" MBA in need of an upgrade from its mere 128GB but the Trascend JetDrives are still so very expensive for their capacity...

Grazie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.