Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsince1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I have a website that I haven't been able to update in a couple days. Does the new .Me service mean that a) my website is screwed, and b) that my paid .Mac membership is no longer good? OR, will services and memberships roll over in time?
I'm really sorry if this is addressed somewhere else....new member, please be kind.

:D

:apple:Nicole

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...the service is in a transition phase that is taking longer than they anticipated and is having some teething pains - services have been up and down for the last couple days. Once it settles down you should be fine again....oh yeah!

macsince1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
WOW! Thanks Duffman!! .Me just let me log in with my .Mac login and boy is it pretty. I can't wait to get the new iPhone.....:rolleyes:
My blog readers can wait. haha

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Actually there is some real weirdness going on.

I'm running Leopard, and have iWeb, and the System Preferences are a .Mac panel. In iWeb, it's all about .Mac.

I don't actually have .Mac, but I managed to register for a free trial of MobileMe today when MobileMe was working.

Now, there doesn't seem to be any system update to perform, but iWeb is still saying .Mac. I created a sample web page and uploaded to .Mac, and it worked with my MobileMe trial login. I'm also logged in to MobileMe through my .Mac system preference panel, and it shows the correct details (ie, trial account, expires in 60 days).

I can visit my test webpage by going to the .Mac URL, but not to what I've guessed is the equivalent .me.com URL.

There doesn't seem to be any way to update or migrate anything to MobileMe, although to be honest, I can't log in to the account settings page.

I'm assuming there will be some update to iWeb to integrate with MobileMe?

macsince1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
See, I can login to the .Me site with my .Mac info and it's showing everything correctly. BUT when I try to upload from my iWeb, it's still showing a .Mac error. I can visit my page and it's still working, but I'm not able to update my page. It's disappointing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.