Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evanavevan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Not sure if this has been discussed (if so please share link to thread), but the media playback buttons on my third-party keyboard (Moshi Luna) no longer work under High Sierra. This is pretty annoying since I can no longer control iTunes with a keyboard shortcut, and have to switch to the app for basic controls. Is there a workaround or solution?

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Evan,

I imagine that you could look into one of two solutions: the first would be to wait for your keyboard maker to update their firmware to work with High Sierra. Or, you could look into an app like USB Overdrive, that might duplicate the iTunes functionality you're missing.

evanavevan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Ugh, unfortunately this keyboard has since been discontinued. I'll check out USB Overdrive, thanks!

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
It seems I'm having weird behavior too, but I'm using a Magic Keyboard 2. Sometimes the media keys work iTunes, sometimes they control a video that is on screen, even if iTunes is playing, I can't figure it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.