Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeMcCollister

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2021
Charlottesville, Virginia
I have one medication reminder set for 9:00 pm. Most of the time, I take the medication around 30 minutes early and then log it as taken on my Apple Watch using the Medications app. About half the time I still get a notification at 9:00 pm for me to take the medication. When I open up the Health app on my iPhone, it shows that it was taken at the time that I logged it. This has happened ever since I started using the feature when watchOS 9.0 came out.

Has anyone else have this problem?

I am using an Apple Watch Series 5 running watchOS 9.3.1 paired to my iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 16.3.1.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmicblip

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
I have one medication reminder set for 9:00 pm. Most of the time, I take the medication around 30 minutes early and then log it as taken on my Apple Watch using the Medications app. About half the time I still get a notification at 9:00 pm for me to take the medication. When I open up the Health app on my iPhone, it shows that it was taken at the time that I logged it. This has happened ever since I started using the feature when watchOS 9.0 came out.

I am using an Apple Watch Series 5 running watchOS 9.3.1 paired to my iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 16.3.1.

Thanks,

Mike
That happens when you „just“ log it instead of using the „Log as taken“ option…

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
Curious. I'm pretty sure that I tap "log as taken" or "log all as taken" and I still get the reminder. I'll see what happens tonight.
I only talk about my own experience, as I also had this happen a couple of times… but I definitely just logged the medication instead of marking it as „taken“ and that explained it for me

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
Plus, I forgot.. the reminder will still show up on the phone as long as the „taken“ medicine isn’t synced over from the Watch… that also has happened at times
Basically it‘s like any other health data that doesn’t show up in the app until the Watch and iPhone have synced up

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
It happened to me a couple of times but I can’t remember if it is due to taking the meds earlier than scheduled.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Sorry for being late to the thread, but on watchOS 9, I had a similar problem. I would mark as taken on my watch when the notice came up, but whenever I picked up my phone later, it would still have the medication reminder as if I never marked it as taken.

I don't think this has occurred since on watchOS 10, either, but will continue to monitor.

jeff.stein

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2024
That happens when you „just“ log it instead of using the „Log as taken“ option…

Thanks,

Mike
I had the same problem. I found out that if your iPhone is locked, then your medication notifications will show up on your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is unlocked, the medication notification with show up on your iPhone but not your Apple Watch.
I think Apple made a change to the redundancy of having notifications show up on both devices but failing to account for what users want and rely on.

Reactions: bricktop_at
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.