Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aidenh37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Maybe you shouldn't have used a beta jailbreak if you don't want to experience beta bugs.

There's no problem with the jailbreak. I can make my own choices.

By the way, where does it say beta in the version? It's 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2. Not 1.0 beta, 1.0.1 beta, 1.0.2 beta...

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
There's no problem with the jailbreak. I can make my own choices.

By the way, where does it say beta in the version? It's 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2. Not 1.0 beta, 1.0.1 beta, 1.0.2 beta...

There are tons of problems with the jailbreak. You can't set a password without your phone being stuck in a reboot. The fact you made this thread only proves my point. Also the devs clearly said the jailbreak is currently for devs to test their apps. https://twitter.com/panguteam/status/524902372070289408

aidenh37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia
There are tons of problems with the jailbreak. You can't set a password without your phone being stuck in a reboot. The fact you made this thread only proves my point. Also the devs clearly said the jailbreak is currently for devs to test their apps. https://twitter.com/panguteam/status/524902372070289408

I know there are some problems, I am using AndroidLock XT instead of passcode. The phone never leaves my sight. I consider myself a developer, considering I like to learn things through making and observing.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Might be a buggy hack.
How many packages you have installed so far?

Agreed.

Jailbreaking in itself doesn't use RAM or battery. It simply opens up iOS. However, there may be bugs associated with the jailbreak that cause instability.

aidenh37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Might be a buggy hack.
How many packages you have installed so far?

Agreed.

Jailbreaking in itself doesn't use RAM or battery. It simply opens up iOS. However, there may be bugs associated with the jailbreak that cause instability.

I have installed:
Apple File Conduit "2", AndroidLock XT, HideMe8, MTerminal, BatteryLife, Activator. I also have BytaFont 2 which according to the apt-get command and Cydia and Pangu isn't installed (but that's a separate issue!)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Keep us all posted here if you can pinpoint the battery hog.
For me last year was fakeclockup. Took a while but noticed a good improvement when I removed it.
Sucks cause I really liked having it installed.

aidenh37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia
It was bytafont 2, which wasn't installed according to Cydia. I deleted the app files and installed through Cydia now RAM usage is 70%!

----------

Thank you for your help

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I don't think bytafont actually runs in the background at all. It's just an easy way to change system files (in this case the font). You could technically do it manually but that would take forever

Edit: nvm read it wrong

aidenh37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I don't think bytafont actually runs in the background at all. It's just an easy way to change system files (in this case the font). You could technically do it manually but that would take forever

Edit: nvm read it wrong

No, it isn't bytafont. It's SSH. It is constantly waiting for a signal saying login!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.