Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machenryr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
I’ve been working a project with Final Cut Pro and it the program is so sluggish. It has practically is gone to a standstill. I open the activity monitor and I see that an application called PDF filler is using 442 GB of memory. I have 192 GB of RAM. Now this application I’m not even using. Any suggestions would be great. I mean obvious I can delete it.

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018

Finding Leaks Using Instruments​

The Instruments application can be used to find leaks in both OS X and iPhone applications. To find leaks, create a new document template in Instruments and add the Leaks instrument to it. The Leaks instrument provides leak-detection capabilities identical to those in the leaks command-line tool. The Leaks instrument records all allocation events that occur in your application and then periodically searches the application’s writable memory, registers, and stack for references to any active memory blocks. If it does not find a reference to a block in one of these places, it deems the block a “leak” and displays the relevant information in the Detail pane.

In the Detail pane, you can view leaked memory blocks using Table and Outline modes. In Table mode, Instruments displays the complete list of leaked blocks, sorted by size. Selecting an entry in the table and clicking the arrow button next to the memory address shows the allocation history for the memory block at that address. Selecting an entry from this allocation history then shows the stack trace for that event in the Extended Detail pane of the document window. In Outline mode, the Leaks instrument displays leaks organized by call tree, which you can use to get information about the leaks in a particular branch of your code.

For more information about using the Instruments application, including more information about the information displayed by the Leaks instrument, see Instruments User Guide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.