Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kat17man

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
I'm inbetween phones (sold my 11 and waiting for the 12 to be available). In the mean time, I'm trying to use my wife's old 6S with 16 GB of memory. I made mistake and restored the phone (6S) to my previous 11 (64 GB with 32 GB used). Several of the apps were not able to transfer and remain on the cloud.

Now I'm going through the active apps and deleting the ones I won't need during this transition period, but every time I delete one, one of the apps that is kept on the clouds automatically loads on the 6S. The short version is the 16GB on the 6S keeps getting jammed.

The one BIG app for memory is my music (4GB). Within that app, I can delete albums, but I'm worried they will be gone forever if I cross that Rubicon. Before I sold the IP11, I did make a backup and plan to restore the new 12 with it. When I do, will any music I delete now restore to the new phone.

Back in the old days, using iTunes, it was easy to transfer music back and forth from my computer. Is that option still available?

Kat17man

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
I think I've discovered my problem. Everytime I delete an unused app from my IP6S, another song or album gets transfered to my IP6S. Before I started deleting Apps, I had about 3GB of music on the phone with the memory bumping up against the max of 16BGB. After deleting a flood of unused apps, I'm still bumping up against the 16GB.

Since this phone is only temporary until my new IP12 comes out, I'm thinking of dumping all the audio from the IP6S as it's still on my MBA and other devices. PITA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.