Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdagster

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2018
What happens if you restart the menubar?

Code:
killall -KILL SystemUIServer

Are you seeing anything strange in the console logs while the menu bar is blinking?

/Applications/Utilities/Console.app

What items do you have in the menubar? Any 3rd party menubar items?

Does the same problem occur on a Guest account or new user account?

Have you tried a fresh reinstall of Mavericks?

Since nobody else has had this problem and posted about as you stated, my guess is it's either:
a) Something corrupt in your first install that hasn't been changed since
b) A third party app causing problems with Mavericks
[doublepost=1532549927][/doublepost]
Does anyone know how I would be able to stop my menu from blinking on Mavericks? It has happened in every developer preview and still hasn't been fixed, I've looked around and nobody else seems to have this issue on Mavericks. Here is an example of a guy fixing his on snow leopard but no longer works for Mavericks:

Cheers,

Will
I would like to add to this thread regarding Blinking Menu Bar on OS X Mavericks. I am running 10.9.5 since the age of my Mac will not permit any future updates. I also run Parallels Desktop version 10.4.0 and the associated Parallels Access. And I also experienced the blinking menu bar. This was particularly aggravating when typing in an open application and losing the ability to complete what I was typing without the cursor temporarily moving out of the dialog area. In looking through the console, it appeared that Parallels Access was the culprit. Parallels publishes a shell script that removes Parallels Access, which has fixed this problem for me. FYI...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.