Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Torquemada

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2011
United Kingdom
Hello, I had on iPad which I set up with my work email address as the Apple ID, as it was a work supplied one. This has about 10,000 photos on it, which are all backed up to iCloud.

I have just got a new personal iPad which I set up with my personal Apple ID as it's my own iPad.

I would like to get the old photos onto my new iPad, but it seems a bit difficult with the two IDs. I've tried iCloud Photo sharing, but it seems a bit labarious.

Does anyway have any easy suggestion to do this. Thanks.

Torquemada

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2011
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply. I do have a Mac as well, which uses my personal account. I tried logging onto iCloud in Safari with my old account, and can see the photos, but I couldn't see an easy way to do select all, and download all of them, unless I'm missing something. I suppose I could back the photos up using iTunes on a different machine, and do it that way, but I seem to remember older versions of Photos didn't let you sync with other devices and the cloud once you used folders on the machine, not sure if that still happens, it's been a while since I have done it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.