Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like a MacRumors iPhone App?

• Yes, that would be great!

Votes: 130 82.8%
  • No, what's the point/I like mobile Safari better

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters

wahoo10

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
+1

+easier access to forums
+if we get push, there could be notifications of new articles
+could expand MR users
-could put too many users on here
-lengthy/costly to develop

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Technically there is an iPhone/iPod touch version of MR, at http://mobile.macrumors.com; it lacks design, but still displays the main things from the site.
I don't see an actual App Store-type app coming out though, Apple would never allow for one that offered speculation and possible leaks from their own company.

themacintoshman

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2009
Butler, PA
Technically there is an iPhone/iPod touch version of MR, at http://mobile.macrumors.com; it lacks design, but still displays the main things from the site.
I don't see an actual App Store-type app coming out though, Apple would never allow for one that offered speculation and possible leaks from their own company.

Sorry guys, I didn't see that mobile site before I started this thread, but you made some good points.
I know apple would NEVER let an app that speculated about upcoming products and such into the app store, but even a better designed and better organized mobile site would be great. Also, another thought comes to my mind: there are several RSS feed readers available in the app store, so could you get updates from the MacRumors RSS feed through one of those apps?

ashjamben

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Shanghai, China
ye, RSS would work.

you could also add the mobile macrumors site as an icon on your homescreen. i cant remember what it's called, but it's on the same menu to bookmark a website

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
Sorry guys, I didn't see that mobile site before I started this thread, but you made some good points.
I know apple would NEVER let an app that speculated about upcoming products and such into the app store, but even a better designed and better organized mobile site would be great. Also, another thought comes to my mind: there are several RSS feed readers available in the app store, so could you get updates from the MacRumors RSS feed through one of those apps?

I think you'll find that I started this thread.

Ams.

techfreak85

macrumors 68040
Jan 13, 2008
Places
Idea-MacRumors Forums iPhone app

wouldn't it be cool if there was an iphone app for the mac forums? I would love to be able to check new posts, and currently subscribed posts from the mobile User CP.

I dont know what kind of things like plug ins vBulletin allows, but just a cool idea eh?:p

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
wouldn't it be cool if there was an iphone app for the mac forums? I would love to be able to check new posts, and currently subscribed posts from the mobile User CP.

I dont know what kind of things like plug ins vBulletin allows, but just a cool idea eh?:p

yes that would be very nice. i hope it happens one day. just think how much money it would bring in at just $0.99 (but i would love free)

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
If I had an iPhone or iPod Touch A MacRumors app would be so nice. Push notifications of front page/ page 2 articles and maybe even forum posts (in subscribed threads)

I would buy a iPod Touch if there was one.

kb152

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
Macrumors app? With push notifications?

I'd like to see one someday. I subscribe via RSS in mail on my iMac, but an active app on my iPhone with incoming notifications similar to what's been demonstrated by the recent screenshots of the AP app would be welcome.

gilbert1020

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008
California
iPhone App for Macrumors

Isn't it about time Macrumors makes an App for the iPhone?
Imagine having a slick UI to log into the forums
instead of having to go through the mobile Safari.

matthoffart

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
MacRumors iPhone App

MacRumors needs to develop an iPhone application that pretty much shows the home page rumors on macrumors.com i know i would download it.

Super Sneb

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2008
I don't think it needs an iPhone app but I do think it needs an iPhone webpage.

Neowin's iPhone page is amazing!!!

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
I don't think it needs an iPhone app but I do think it needs an iPhone webpage.

Neowin's iPhone page is amazing!!!

there is..... go to your USER CP.. EDIT OPTIONS.. then scroll to the bottom
Screenshoton2009-06-16at30435PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.