Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like a MacRumors iPhone App?

• Yes, that would be great!

Votes: 130 82.8%
  • No, what's the point/I like mobile Safari better

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters

xsdogs72

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2016
jasper, indiana
i believe i have the paid version.. though i confess not remembering how much it was...id try free and if it suits your need pay to remove ads.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Once upon a time people went raving mad about browsing MR using Tapatalk. I don't know whether that still works, as I've never tried it and the website has undergone a revamping since then.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
i for one, am looking forward to MAC RUMORS THE MOVIE: SNAPPY SAFARI
I have set up tapatalk on my iPhone and iPad. It will take some getting used to, seems very crowded but definitely better than Macrumors mobile.

So since I signed up I am getting a million alerts both here (the website) and through Tapatalk. I just want to be notified when someone replies to a thread I started, replies to a thread I participated in or quotes something I wrote in a thread.

This is how it was before. Now I am getting an alert every time someone starts a thread in a forum I watch. I can't figure it out. Right now I have everything turned off on the Macrumors alerts and I am still getting alerts when someone starts a new thread.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
I have set up tapatalk on my iPhone and iPad. It will take some getting used to, seems very crowded but definitely better than Macrumors mobile.

So since I signed up I am getting a million alerts both here (the website) and through Tapatalk. I just want to be notified when someone replies to a thread I started, replies to a thread I participated in or quotes something I wrote in a thread.

This is how it was before. Now I am getting an alert every time someone starts a thread in a forum I watch. I can't figure it out. Right now I have everything turned off on the Macrumors alerts and I am still getting alerts when someone starts a new thread.

me too. let me know when you figure out how to turn them off

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
me too. let me know when you figure out how to turn them off

I think I got some relief. On TapaTalk, shut off notifications for Forums I Follow. Hopefully this will stop the notifications on the web based interface. It's annoying. I think TapaTalk may be a piece of crap though. Just too much $h!t going on with it. Here are my web based settings:

Macrumors settings.png

[doublepost=1502468600][/doublepost]And I actually paid for one year of this piece of crap App.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
My god how can I stop getting all these notifications on new topics!?!?! I have tired EVERYTHING on the web portal and TapaCrap

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.