Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

undrpsi

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
Gastonia, NC
As they say on the other forums I'm on...

LEADER!

Congrats you lucky SOB :D....I'm powerwashing the deck and stealing glances to the street. My wife asked me not to attack the UPS guy when he gets here...:rolleyes:

Skydivincoastie

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2008
I'm texting from mine right now! This thing is really cool. The iPad apple case is really nice also! Waited only 18 mins in line. They were taking 1 non-reserve for every 10 reserves...

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
it's definitely cool. Moreso then I thought.

wow 1 reserve every 10 mins will be a long day but better then how they are doing it here.

about the case I was unsure if the back would be stuck in keyboard mode how they show in the pics. You can fold it like a book so it's completely flat with the back of the ipad, which is good. there is a tab you put in in to get that keyboard so it's optional. good fit and quality. feels like it'll be sufficient.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
Anyone know how to use the case, LMAO!?! :) It seems when I slide the thing under the ipad, it doesn't close? is that to prop it up?

PCClone

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2010
In a white man purse so it like will totally match my white shoes and belt. I hope it isn't too heavy for me to carry.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
The tab in the back is to prop it up if you are using in keyboard mode or want to sit it up like a picture frame or movie. It doesn't look closed if that's what you are trying to do.

Case doesn't seem flimsy. The front of case has some kind of padding inside for the screen. It doesn't really flex easily and I'm confident it'll protect the screen.

For the back part that the ipad goes in. The bezel is sturdy. However the back is rather thin. Silicone case for iphone/ipod thin almost. It's definitely not meant to absorb a shock/drop.

for protecting the iPad from drop/scratches etc.. it seems good. Also doesn't feel like the case itself will tear or is of cheap quality either.

TxMacAddict

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Thanks for the link. Hmmm.. which one to get?

Has anybody seen these in stock at the Best Buy stores or Apple stores?

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
The tab in the back is to prop it up if you are using in keyboard mode or want to sit it up like a picture frame or movie. It doesn't look closed if that's what you are trying to do.

Case doesn't seem flimsy. The front of case has some kind of padding inside for the screen. It doesn't really flex easily and I'm confident it'll protect the screen.

For the back part that the ipad goes in. The bezel is sturdy. However the back is rather thin. Silicone case for iphone/ipod thin almost. It's definitely not meant to absorb a shock/drop.

for protecting the iPad from drop/scratches etc.. it seems good. Also doesn't feel like the case itself will tear or is of cheap quality either.

I HAVE BEEN DEAD TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT. Does it fold Flat-Back like a paper notebook would? Please and Thank you.

TxMacAddict

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Well the Apple store in Memorial City (Houston) said they have plenty of cases in stock in different colors etc including the Apple case

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I HAVE BEEN DEAD TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT. Does it fold Flat-Back like a paper notebook would? Please and Thank you.

Yes, it does fold flat back. Which I was glad to see. It has a tab on the back. Only when inserted in that tab does it go in that keyboard mode you see

eric_n_dfw

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2002
DFW, TX, USA
This reminds me of flip phones. I can remember when the girls had them at first and men were reluctant to get one. Now, it seems no one is using the old skool candy bar phones (aka the old Nokias).

I can see your point FOW. :eek:

Most everyone I know with flip phones hated them by the time their contracts were up for various reasons (quality issues with Razr's being the majority). It seems the slider phone is the new rage. Most of them now have a slider or an iPhone now.

I'm thinking about dumping my iPhone 3g if I buy an iPad+3g and going back to my old Sony Ericsson T637 candy bar phone myself. IMO less moving parts = better.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
Would you please comment on how easy it is to remove from the case. Would you want to do this daily to use it naked, and then case it for travel, typing, stand?

Thanks.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Picked up here in Miami, The Falls.

Got there about 8:50 was back in my car by 9:10. Was probably 30th in line which went really quick. They probably brought in 20 at first. Then maybe 5 and 5.

If you didn't reserve they said they are not selling to you until ALL the reserves are done so that's bad news for those people.

They had every accessory in stock. Just got the 16GB and case though.

:)

please post some pics with the case on. thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.