Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PumaUK7

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2015
I currently have an Apple account for iCloud (paying for 200gb storage) and a separate gmail account that is used for the App Store and my Apple One subscription (with 2tb of storage).

I want to stop paying for the 200gb iCloud sub and move my account / backups / photos etc. to my gmail account (I.e. my one subscription).

Is there a way to do this? It’s annoying that I’m paying for storage I don’t want but at present I can’t see how I can move everything over?

Thanks

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
I think OP wants to migrate to a different iCloud account, not a Google account.

First, get your stuff -

Then I would imagine it’s sign out of old iCloud on devices and then sign in with new iCloud on devices. The adding/merging of all your stuff would be manual.

PumaUK7

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2015
Ok so I’ve managed to get a download of all my iCloud data from Apple now, so my @me account info is safe. What I now can’t get my head around is how I can possibly merge my accounts without losing something on either side… if I setup a new iCloud account using my gmail email address (if you can do so with a non-Apple account?), then somehow I need to send all my contacts/photos etc back up to the cloud. If I change my store/purchases account then I’ll lose any App Store purchases, my apple fitness history etc.

Surely there must be a way to do this without all of this inconvenience?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Ok so I’ve managed to get a download of all my iCloud data from Apple now, so my @me account info is safe. What I now can’t get my head around is how I can possibly merge my accounts without losing something on either side… if I setup a new iCloud account using my gmail email address (if you can do so with a non-Apple account?), then somehow I need to send all my contacts/photos etc back up to the cloud. If I change my store/purchases account then I’ll lose any App Store purchases, my apple fitness history etc.

Surely there must be a way to do this without all of this inconvenience?
Nope. In all of Apple's infinite wisdom, they screwed the pooch on this one... I am in the same boat as you, and do not see a way to get everything merged into a single AppleID/iCloud account. Apple could easily fix this if they wanted to, but it's obviously not a priority for them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.