Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nigel Goodman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
UK
This is since upgrading to tvOS 13.

I have googled this and I see many results from several years ago, but nothing from 2019 at all.

Now I have tried all the usual things, restarted, signed out and in again but the message still shows and non of the films that I have actually purchase are available. Interestingly, if I go into the Computers app on the ATV, then there they all are. So the TV+ app is lying to me!

Has anyone else had this problem in tvOS 13?

Nigel Goodman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
UK
Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately I had already tried that - no change. I still get the same message.

Mr. Zarniwoop

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
Same here. I can navigate to any purchased content in the app and play it, but under purchased it says I own nothing. 1 Apple TV 4K and 2 Apple TV 4 models all behave the same way, along with the macOS TV app.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I was gonna mention something, but someone already did

I was gonna say it was due to my internet connection because it also happens under Movies and/or TV Shows.. so was thinking it was some kind of DNS issue..

However, that is ruled out because switching to Google's DNS has same problem after a bit.

If i navigate away, then back again, the content comes up. But the fact it keeps happening is a mystery.

Possible routing/packet issue ???

Since this is intermittent it makes it more of a 'cat & mouse' game, rather than a solution with Apple higher up's.

Mr. Zarniwoop

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
Just to make this depressing:

On macOS, it's so screwed up I don't know where to begin. On a recent MBA, it's simply blank as if I've never purchased anything. On a MacBook Pro and iMac Pro (both migrated from old Macs several times) it shows weird video libraries that are old iTunes videos, including a handful of videos I'd downloaded to those Macs. But, not my iTunes Movies nor TV Shows library of purchased media.

On iOS, it works. It instantly shows my purchased media on the Library tab of the Apple TV app.

On tvOS, I get an endless spinner going to the Library tab of the Apple TV app. But if I open the iTunes Movies or iTunes TV Shows apps, they show my purchased media on the Purchased tab.

On Roku, the Apple TV app just works. It instantly shows my purchased media on the Library tab of the Apple TV app.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
On Roku, the Apple TV app just works. It instantly shows my purchased media on the Library tab of the Apple TV app.

This bothers me so much. This is not the first time I have heard of situations where Apple works better elsewhere than on their own devices. What the hell?!

Nigel Goodman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
UK
Thanks for all your replies. Actually the solution was simple - but it took an hour long call to Apple Support with two different people to get the answer. Which is what, you are asking!

They were hidden!

For some unexplained reason the update to something (several happened at once remember) all the film purchases got hidden. I hadn't done that (probably). Using the TV app on the Mac I could unhide then and they they just reappeared of course. In the process I also discovered that there were many music files hidden as well. Very strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.