Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xetmarcr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
ID
I've been exchanging messages with someone for a few weeks on both my iPhone and MacBook, and everything was working just fine. However, the other day the conversations suddenly disappeared and so did the contact name from the list of people I've been messaging. And then, after receiving a new message, the entire conversations re-appeared but the contact name and phone number are not displayed.

I know who it is since all the messages are back, but I haven't been able to associate these conversations with the info contained in Contacts. And I tried to send a message to him from his contact sheet but when I select the 'Message' button, the message option is grayed out.

The conversation displayed on my iPhone is normal and has his name and number displayed as it should. The problem only appears on my Macbook.

Is there any way to assign a conversation that has existed in the Messages app with an existing contact?

I hope this is described in a manner that is not too confusing.

Thanks!

Last edited:

xetmarcr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
ID
Please disregard! Everything is back to normal. I don't know why, but after receiving another message the name and number are back. o_O

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.