Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo2100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2020
I have been having an issue with the messages app in iOS 13 after syncing with iCloud messages. One day, I woke up and all of my messages were gone - the app was showing blank. So I erased the iPhone (iPhone X), and restored from my backup and all of the messages re-downloaded from iCloud to the device. However, I noticed that a handful of messages aren't showing any text or content, just the date. It seems like the messages got corrupted somehow. A screenshot is attached of one of the messages. I have tried everything to get the content to download, but nothing works. The messages on my mac are also corrupted, same messages are showing blank as the iPhone, so I think it's an issue with iCloud. It's weird because most messages are fine, but about 10% are not showing content no matter what I do (old messages from when I first got an iPhone years ago). I have a copy of the old messages on my iPhone 7, but that device is not linked to iCloud Messages. Is there any way I can fix this problem and have all messages showing content on my iPhone?? I really don't want to lose original messages from years ago for the memories, and it seems like iCloud corrupted certain messages for no reason. This has happened twice now. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0029.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.