Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

touchu4g

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2012
Hi. I upgraded to ios 7 yesterday. I have noticed a bug that the messages app won't open. Do you have this bug on your iPad? Plus did you restore fresh to iOS 6.1.3 and then upgraded to ios 7?

Nanookfan

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2008
I've been running 7 on an iPad 2 since last night and so far have not had any trouble with the Messages app, which I've used quite a bit since the install. I did a restore as a new iPad after fn-alt restore and pointing to the ipw.

touchu4g

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2012
I've been running 7 on an iPad 2 since last night and so far have not had any trouble with the Messages app, which I've used quite a bit since the install. I did a restore as a new iPad after fn-alt restore and pointing to the ipw.

Thanks. How come my messages app doesn't open? Should I restore to ios 7? I upgraded to ios 7 while keeping my data

slc2015

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
If the app is crashing when you open it, then I had the same problem. All you have to do is go to settings and under the messages tab, disable iMessage. Then go back to the messages app and it should work fine after you give it your iCloud password.

touchu4g

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2012
What do you mean it doesn't open? Does it crash or when you click it nothing happens?
It opens, then it loads and then it crashes

----------

If the app is crashing when you open it, then I had the same problem. All you have to do is go to settings and under the messages tab, disable iMessage. Then go back to the messages app and it should work fine after you give it your iCloud password.

Yeah. I've done that before to fix the problem. But it still crashes after.

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London

Thanks!!! This helped so much :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.