Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whilted

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2019
Hi,

I recently just upgraded my phone to the iPhone 11 Pro Max, and I've been trying to sync/download all of my messages from iCloud (with all the attachments/files). It says I have 5.2 GB of messages stored on iCloud, but my current phone only has 388 MB of messages so far, and I don't see it say "Downloading messages from iCloud" when I open the Messages app--it had previously had a progress bar at the bottom, though it was all gray. I had this issue yesterday, so I erased my phone and restored my phone using an iCloud backup, but the same thing is happening again. I am not understanding why my files/attachments are not being transferred. I've had my phone plugged in and connected to WiFi for the past 3-4 hours, but none of my files/attachments show up when I click on the "Info" icon for each conversation. Is this just the iCloud servers being overwhelmed? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Starboy786

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2019
Hi,

I recently just upgraded my phone to the iPhone 11 Pro Max, and I've been trying to sync/download all of my messages from iCloud (with all the attachments/files). It says I have 5.2 GB of messages stored on iCloud, but my current phone only has 388 MB of messages so far, and I don't see it say "Downloading messages from iCloud" when I open the Messages app--it had previously had a progress bar at the bottom, though it was all gray. I had this issue yesterday, so I erased my phone and restored my phone using an iCloud backup, but the same thing is happening again. I am not understanding why my files/attachments are not being transferred. I've had my phone plugged in and connected to WiFi for the past 3-4 hours, but none of my files/attachments show up when I click on the "Info" icon for each conversation. Is this just the iCloud servers being overwhelmed? Any help would be great. Thanks!
Were you able to find a fix for this? I am having the same issue. Updated to IOS 13.1 but still having the same problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.