Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
Anyone else having an issues with trying to sync messages, have clicked 'Sync Now' but nothing happens.

Be good if someone could shed some light.

Thanks,
Owen

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Mine seems to be working correctly.
I've only done upgrades, no fresh installs yet. Maybe this weekend when I have a little more free time to put towards it.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
Mine seems to be working correctly.
I've only done upgrades, no fresh installs yet. Maybe this weekend when I have a little more free time to put towards it.

Hmm, this is strange I done a fresh install, but can't see why that would make any difference, as silly as it sounds, I have been waiting for this features for a while and is probably the only reason I decided to run the beta.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Hmm, this is strange I done a fresh install, but can't see why that would make any difference, as silly as it sounds, I have been waiting for this features for a while and is probably the only reason I decided to run the beta.
It does seem strange but I've encountered many a strange thing across the years of beta'ing that will work in upgrade and not fresh install and vice versa.
I may just fresh install on my laptop tonight to see if I can duplicate what you've seen.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
It does seem strange but I've encountered many a strange thing across the years of beta'ing that will work in upgrade and not fresh install and vice versa.
I may just fresh install on my laptop tonight to see if I can duplicate what you've seen.

I mean, I haven't fresh installed straight to 10.13, I fresh installed 10.12 then installed the beta.

Reactions: mmomega

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
and you may have tried this but my initial suggestion would be to do First Aid in Disk Utility.
Check messages.
Maybe even sign out and back in to iCloud followed by a restart and see if anything changed.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
and you may have tried this but my initial suggestion would be to do First Aid in Disk Utility.
Check messages.
Maybe even sign out and back in to iCloud followed by a restart and see if anything changed.

Nope, no luck.

Jayderek

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Madison, WI
I've had issues with this as well, in fact it looks like the only problem that I've noticed so far in my beta experience.

I'll get it reported tonight and hopefully this is one of the things fixed for the next beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.